Skin Care Tips for FallOctober 18, 2016, 8:09 pm
Adapt your skin care routine for radiant fall skin.
When the days grow shorter, the temperatures plummet, and the air becomes drier, your skin may lose precious moisture. Autumn is a time of transition, and the best autumn skin care routines will amend any summer damage that has occurred and ready your skin for winter.
Sun, chlorine, and saltwater may have had an adverse effect on your skin throughout the summer, so fall is an ideal time to exfoliate and moisturize.
Follow these fall skin care tips for glowing, healthy skin:
- Skip the soap. Scented soapy scrubs might feel (and smell) wonderful after a day at the beach, but they leave your skin dry. When fall arrives, switch to a soap-free hydrating cleanser. It’s time to put away the gels and switch to creamy body wash.
- Use an oil-based scrub to Exfoliate. The summer sun and chlorine may have left your skin feeling dry and flaky. Start the new season off with a full-body exfoliation session. Oil-based scrubs are fantastic because they exfoliate and hydrate.
- Switch from lotion to cream. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both minimize water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Safeguard your lips. Start moisturizing now to prevent dry, cracked lips this winter. For superior results, use a non-petroleum based lip balm.
- Invest in a quality hand cream. Hands often become dry and cracked during fall and winter. Begin moisturizing your hands now to guarantee soft, supple hands all winter long.
Category: Skin Care