Restylane® Defyne Treatment in New Jersey
Define Your Expression
Pamper yourself with real-life results that help preserve natural movement to help keep you looking your best.
Created with XpresHAn Technology™, new Restylane® Defyne helps decrease deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). Using groundbreaking cross-linking technology, Restylane® Defyne is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler capable of restoring a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while helping you maintain your natural expressions.
What is Restylane® Defyne?
As we age, our skin elasticity decreases and the lines that run from the sides of the nose toward the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corner of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) become more noticeable. Restylane® Defyne has been created with XpresHAn Technology™ to correct these deepened lines. The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane® Defyne is also designed to help maintain your facial expressions—for natural-looking results that help maintain your normal movement.
Restylane® Defyne approved treatment area:
Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive Restylane® Defyne?
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will review your medical history to verify that you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use Restylane® Defyne if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (Anaphylaxis).
- You are allergic to Lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid.
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder.
- Let your doctor know if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied.
- Restylane® Defyne is intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Let your doctor know if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Let your doctor know if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Let your doctor know if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of this product on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
What are possible side effects of Restylane® Defyne?
The most frequently observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are usually mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.