JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
Give Yourself a Little Lift with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only visible signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin trends to sag. This is due to a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
How long does JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC last?
When treated again after 2 years, patients needed less JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in the cheek area to achieve their results.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC approved treatment area:
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding is not known.
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years is not known.
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of excessive scarring (e.g,, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may cause additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Let your doctor know if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Let your doctor know if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may cause an increased risk of infection.
- Let your doctor know if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may cause an increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Reduce strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours immediately after treatment.
What are possible side effects of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
The most commonly reported side effects for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels included: temporary injection-site redness, swelling, pain/tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. They were mainly moderate in severity, with a duration of 2 to 4 weeks.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.