JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC Treatment in New Jersey
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC diminishes the appearance of moderate to several lines and wrinkles, creating a supple look.
Gradually, your skin elasticity decreases, which may cause moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. While serums and creams work on the skin’s surface, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC adds volume to smooth these lines and folds, to help you achieve the subtle, long-lasting results you want.
How long does JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC last?
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth to produce subtle, resilient results for up to 18 months.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC approved treatment area:
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds in adults over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gel?
Do not use this product if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in this product.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding is not known.
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC in patients under 22 years is not known.
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC in areas other than facial wrinkles and folds have not been established in clinical studies.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of excessive scarring (e.g,, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may cause additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Let your doctor know if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Let your doctor know if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may cause an increased risk of infection.
- Let your doctor know if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may cause an increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Reduce strenuous exercise, exposure to prolonged sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours immediately after treatment.
What are possible side effects of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC?
The most common side effects for JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gels include: temporary injection-site redness, swelling, pain/tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. They were mainly moderate in severity, with a duration of 2 to 4 weeks.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.