JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Treatment in New Jersey
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is the only FDA-approved Dermal Filler to increase lip fullness and softens the appearance of lines around the mouth. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is used to correct Perioral Rhytids, also known as “lipstick lines”, in adults over the age of 21. In clinical trials, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC was found to effectively increase lip fullness and soften the appearance of lines around the mouth in most of subjects through 1 year. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is the only Dermal Filler proven to last for 1 year in both the lips and Perioral Rhytids with optimal treatment.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC approved treatment area:
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel?
Do not use this product if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to Lidocaine or Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions regarding JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC should my doctor advise me about?
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding is not known.
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years is not known.
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in controlled clinical studies.
- Let your doctor know if you have a history of excessive scarring (e.g., hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC can cause additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Let your doctor know if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Let your doctor know if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC may cause an increased risk of infection.
- Let your doctor know if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may cause increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Reduce strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours immediately after treatment.
What are possible side effects of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC?
The most common side effects include swelling, tenderness, bruising, firmness, lumps/bumps, redness, pain, discoloration, itching, and dryness. Most side effects are mild or moderate and last 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and, while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.